January 6, 2023
It’s been estimated by the CDC that approximately 250,000 individuals suffer injuries from falls in the bathroom each year, and safe to assume that a strong percentage of these take place while entering and existing the bathtub. With January being National Bath Safety Month, we thought that this would be a fitting time to remind people of the importance of exercising caution before, during and after enjoying a bath. And fortunately, companies such KOHLER® continue to implement solutions that make bath time more safe and enjoyable for all.
As one of Western New York’s most popular installers of KOHLER® bath tubs and walk-in baths, Wonder Showers and Bathrooms wanted to provide some tips on how to help prevent slips, falls and other accidental when entering and existing the tub.
- Have grab bars professionally installed if you have mobility concerns
- Something as simple as a bathmat or anti slip decal can help provide increased stability
- Consider having a KOHLER® Walk-in Bath installed for added convenience
- Always take your time when entering and exiting from your bath tub
- Clean your tub with materials that do not leave a slippery surface when dry
- Never be afraid to ask for assistance if entering and existing becomes difficult
As many homeowners continue to discover, installing safety features or replacing an old, outdated bathtub with a new KOHLER® tub or walk-in bath is one of the smartest things you can do to prevent slips and falls during bath time. Wonder Showers and Baths is a trusted installer of the entire KOHLER® line, and we look forward to showing you the many ways in which they can improve your comfort, safety and peace of mind.
Wonder Shower and Baths has more than 60 years of local experience and two convenient Western NY locations for your convenience. Give us a call at the location closest to you, or write to us anytime through our website’s contact page.